Project Management, Delivery and Support Services
GRS can minimise project risk by assisting clients to manage projects 'in-house'. Our project delivery focus is on providing clients with the processes, people and tools to deliver predictable project outcomes. Our business processes have been developed from first principles, drawing on key resources with years of experience in delivering successful projects, whilst our people are a blend of senior experienced personnel mixed with next generation project managers. From within our organisation, we are able to provide specialist services in all areas of project management ( in mining, oil & gas, petroleum, chemical industries ), each supported by our business process model and focused on delivering successful project outcomes that realise our clients!| business objectives.
Project Management Delivery Strategy Outline
GRS' management teams are comprised of industry peers of the highest caliber who manage an integrated team of personnel, taking projects through the full project lifecycle and into operation with emphasis on:
- Due diligence in risk management and implementation of project controls;
- Detailed and accurate scope definition;
- Development of detailed contracting strategies;
- Careful analysis of the most appropriate engineering contractors;
- In-house, independent compilation of cost estimates and project schedules with a greater degree of confidence and control than can be derived from an EPCM or EPC contractor;
- Excellence in project management, commercial management and the application of project controls;
- Minimisation of commercial disputes, schedule slippages and cost overruns;
- Integration of project and operations teams to ensure transparency, operational input and 'buy-in' during the project phases and smooth transition and handover from projects through the completion and commissioning phases.
Project Execution in Oil & Gas, Petroleum, Mining, and Chemical Industries
GRS project execution personnel are highly experienced and dedicated to the successful delivery of our clients' projects. Personnel can be dedicated to projects through to completion, realising cost and time efficiencies during the transition between project phases.
We can assist in project delivery ( oil & gas, petroleum, chemical, mining industries) by representing our clients in the management of engineering and construction, and by undertaking or managing procurement. Our delivery strategy ensures the involvement of our clients, and is always flexible to suit their requirements and available resources.
GRS can also provide project support services to PFS, DFS and Project Execution teams, as and when required, during all development phases.
Experience in Project Management & Support Services
GRS has an extensive and successful track record in delivering feasibility studies and capital development projects. Our experience is current and significant. Recent local and international assignments for the mineral and oil and gas sector clients include:
- Complete project delivery management, including construction management;
- Recovery management of a $740 million refinery upgrade;
- Management of a $270 million EPC project development;
- Development of project specific delivery strategies;
- Commercial management, including contract formation and negotiation, claims management and dispute resolution;
- Independent evaluation of EPCM/EPC service providers;
- Management of new technology studies;
- Development and implementation of project management methodologies and business systems.
Strategy Elements of Project Management & Support Services in Oil & Gas, Petroleum, Mining and Chemical Industries
Key elements of our project delivery strategy:
- Sound business process definition and planning;
- Thorough procedure definition and implementation;
- Accurate scoping and estimating of work to be performed;
- Establishment of sound instruments of control - contracts, schedules and budgets;
- Execution in accordance with agreed business processes and project plans;
- Fast, informative control reporting;
- Continuous review, revision and improvement;
- Establishment of an "ego free environment" for harmonious working;
- Adoption of a "no secrets, no surprises" approach to all activities;
Key Positions for Project Management ( Oil & Gas, Petroleum, Mining and Chemical Industries )
Key project positions that can be filled by GRS personnel include:
- Project Manager
- Commercial Manager
- Contracts Manager
- Cost Controller
- Construction Manager
- Construction Superintendent
- HSE Manager
- Project Engineer
- Business Process Consultant